Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Surgery and stuff

So surgery went well, the best part was that the doctor even took out my appendix! I have had a fear of appendicitis for years! I blame my mom, she always was telling the story of how she had hers taken out and how scary it was for her, she was only a kid. So from now on when I have pain on my right side I will no longer run screaming, "appendicitis" to the doctor. I have found the cure of phobias, cut em out!

Seriously, surgery was good. I was a mess the first two days. My wonderful friends came by or sent flowers and really helped me through. The boys weathered well, R is still missing being picked up by me but he will be okay, S was always rather subdued when he came to my room. I don't imagine seeing me like that was comfortable for them. They are back at school this week, they had vacation last week and lived it up on video games. Been having trouble with R sneaking candy...he always gets caught, but still does it regularly, you'd think he would learn.

I have enlisted my good friend Shel to help me with a diet that I can follow and I hope to stick to it. She is wonderful with nutrition and stuff.

Well, still a little pain...okay lots but not as much as when I first got out of surgery. I can walk short distances, sit and stand on my own...getting better every day!

Thanks to everyone for all their support during this time, we really needed you and you pulled through for us...no one could wish for better friends!

Love ya
C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home