Sunday, May 31, 2009

New, old and pledges

Okay, so here I was in my own mind being miffed at my friends who do not blog often and I realized that I have not blogged in forever. So to correct that I have decided that I will be blogging more often.

So what has been up with me, lots.

I have been going to school again. Decided to get my teaching certificate, not sure if I mentioned that before. Anyway, had to change schools. I was going to University of Phoenix but am now attending at National University. Seems there is this rule about getting good grades for persons who are working on a masters degree and by good grades I mean better than a B, not a B- but a B. So I will keep things a little tighter this time.

Work has been surprisingly good. Less harassment and more positivity (is that a word). I still can't wait to leave but it is less pressing now. Speaking of leaving...I am going to be beginning my student teaching in February...woohoo.

I have fully recovered from my surgery. I did not lose any weight from it but I did lose a few inches from my waist (for a while, gained them back in fat...sigh) from the severe amount of swelling from inflammation in my intestines and the section being removed. They removed 12 inches of colon and I feel wonderful after. I have more energy, feel better and just all around feel well.

Boys are good, the oldest is getting ready to go into junior high and it makes me nervous. He is my baby....my first and it kinda makes me sad to think that my baby is growing up...I know it will be harder when R starts but for now I will struggle with this one.

C and I are doing pretty good, we have been working on some areas that need work but for the most part we are doing good. We also have some plans in progress that may take us away from Chico, but they will be better for us as a family and it is something we really need right now.

Lets see, anything else...yup...one more thing. I have low self-esteem, I recently discovered that I am okay...that I am going to be okay and that I need to stop worrying so much about who likes me and who doesn't. I need to stop worrying about what they might be thinking about me and know that in ten years they won't remember what I wore, how my hair was, how jiggly my thighs are and that they will remember how I treat them in general and that is the most important. I have friends...they love me...I am okay.

On that note, I am also going to be more positive. I will stress out on things less and remember to take my medication at the same time everyday. I am going to get healthier and be happier. I will make more friends and explore new things. I will get healthier habits and quit biting my nails. I will wash my car and vacuum it out. I will take time to spend with my boys everyday and make sure they are doing well. I will take time out to spend with my hubby that is positive and healthy. I will keep in better touch with my old friends and remember their birthdays. I know that these things will be difficult but it will be okay, I have a strong will and can do anything if I put my mind to it. I will also try to chronicle my progress on this blog as often as possible.

Whew...sorry about the wierd pledging there, but I gotta put it somewhere...lol. Well, I will be seeing you.

C

2 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I like your pledges

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger Shel said...

You do have friends. We do love you. And we don't care how jiggly your thighs are or if your car is vacuumed. You can do anything you put your mind to. You're my inspiration. xoxoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home